Prevent & Protect
Dental disease can be preventable and making sure that your teeth and gums are in good shape is a very important step in total wellness.
Untreated dental disease can lead to serious health problems such as infection, damage to teeth, bone or nerve, and tooth loss. Infection from tooth disease can also spread to other parts of the body.
Gum disease for example is surprisingly common and can carry on undiagnosed for years. If the disease process goes unchecked for too long, the bone around the teeth dissolves completely and teeth start to fall out.
Habits such as teeth grinding can result in substantial visible wear and shortening of the teeth, muscle soreness, pain and damage to the jaw joints.
A simple, safe and painless way of protecting teeth from decay is a fissure sealant. These help by filling in the narrow pits and grooves that a toothbrush cannot access.
At iSmile Dental Centre, we help continue the preventive outlook and promote good oral health by offering:
- Regular comprehensive exams (recommended twice yearly)
- Oral cancer screening
- Soft tissue and gum assessment for diseases such as periodontal disease
- Assessment of teeth and existing restorations
- Assessment of bite and jaw joints (TMJ)
- Identify risk factors that may contribute to dental disease, such as smoking or dry mouth
- Oral hygiene instruction and advice on brushing and flossing techniques
- Thorough scale, clean and polish
- Diagnostic x-rays (if required)
- Remineralising fluoride treatment
If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms related to dental disease then contact us at iSmile Dental Centre on 5510 8696 for your individualised care program and remember that changing your mindset from treatment to prevention will help ensure a lifetime of a “Healthy Smile, Beautiful Smile”.